Friday, February 20, 2015

Dressed to Impress: Day 30

I survived my first two tests! The first was for Intro to Italian Language and Culture, and it was about as hard as I had expected. I feel pretty good about it. The second was for Film Genres, and it was actually much easier than I was expecting! Either that, or I just knew the material better than I thought I did.  

That same night I went to a spoken poetry event at a bar in downtown Trastevere with Danny. He had heard about it through the poetry club, and we thought it started at 10, or 22:00. So we got to this little medieval-looking bar at 10, and with the addition of Danny and me, and including the bartender, that made a total of five people present!. We waited an hour as the place slowly filled up, and finally at 11, the poetry began. It was a lot of fun – very different from anything I have ever done at home. I am about 99% sure it was hosted in a gay bar, so that was a new and interesting experience as well!


Thursday, after painting class, Paige and I walked around on Via del Corso half-heartedly trying to find a coat for our weekend trip to Prague. We happened to find the most beautiful Louis Viton store in a piazza right off of Via del Corso. I was wearing running pants and nikes, so we decided to save that for another day!

Observation of the Day: Time is flying by. I feel like I haven't been here long enough to have any tests, but midterms are in three weeks!