Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Io stanca: Day 7

Io stanca means I am tired. But hey, I’ve almost made it a whole week in Rome!

I had my second day of classes today, and I still think I’m going to enjoy them a lot – so that’s good. At about 6:00 PM (or 18:00) my roommates and I met up with some people at what’s called an Aperativo at a restaurant in downtown Trastavere. We paid 6 euro to get one drink and as much appetizer like food as we wanted. And let me tell you, the Italians are on point with their potatoes! First, we had just fried potatoes that were amazing! Then French fries, which I didn’t have but heard they were wonderful. Then potato chips that were more like thinly sliced baked-in-grease potatoes that were still warm. I think it’s because they don’t use a lot of salt here! Except I’ve found some things seem saltier than what I’m used to, like their pumpkin seeds.

I’m really excited to go to my painting class tomorrow for the first time, and then hopefully yoga! Still need to ask where I can find contact solution though….

I would write more, but I am exhausted for some reason! It might have something to do with the jet lag, the constant go-go-go since I’ve been here, and the 20 or so flights of stairs I climb each day.

Anyways, ciao everyone!


Observation of the Day: Food adjustments might just affect you the most. I’m trying to get used to a regular eating schedule, and still finding foods that I can make easily, and like enough to make.. its a work in progress, but in a few weeks I think I’ll have it down!