Friday, May 1, 2015

Would you like your stress scrambled or sunny-side up?: Day 100

As the days are winding down to the end of the semester, I have been scrambling to finish projects and study for exams, as almost every college student can relate to. This past week, I had an oral exam for Italian, a group presentation on Femininity and Gender Roles in Horror Films for Film Genres, a Cultural Video Project for Italian, and a peer critique for Painting.

The group presentation actually went really well to my knowledge, and I enjoyed our topic, specifically the decade and two movies I discussed: 1990’s horror, focusing on The Silence of the Lambs and Scream. The oral exam, however, did not go as well as I thought and my partner (my roommate Paige) and I felt we got a little jipped because we were the only pair that she didn’t have any notes for. I’m not too concerned about the grade because I have done well on everything else, but it’s still a little frustrating when a professor gives you a grade and can’t even tell you why when you ask them. We did get an A on the Cultural Video Project though! 



Next week my 30 page adaptation of The Adventures of the Greek Interpreter for Adapting Literature to the Screen is due on Monday, my final portfolio review and two more paintings are due on Tuesday, and my final exam for Italian is due. I will also (fingers crossed) finally be shooting the short film project that myself and a three other people had started working on after spring break.

And then it’s my last weekend, my last exam on Monday, and I wave bye bye to Rome from my 6 AM flight on Tuesday, May 12th.

Observation of the Day: As my favorite band understands, the TimeFlies. But this semester really has been Worth ItAlso, side-note, my phone shuffled to Home by Michael Bublè the other day and I actually started tearing up, because unlike the song, I don’t want to go home. I want to see my friends and family, but them coming here would be ideal.